It protects and hydrates the pharyngeal mucosa.
21 Dec 2017
465 Reading time
Writing: Stathis Skliros
General practitioner and President of the Hellenic Society for Research and Education in Primary Health Care
How to Achieve Effective Prevention
Prevention is always better than cure. The "key" to prevent coughing is a healthy immune system. Our body has a natural defense system that helps us deal with infections. A balanced diet, abstinence from smoking, proper exercise, adequate sleep and a healthy lifestyle can boost the immune system.
How to deal with cough effectively
Many times, we mistakenly resort to antibiotics in order to fight a virus. However, antibiotics kill bacteria and have no effect on the virus that has caused the illness and therefore the cough.
To achieve cough relief, we can resort to natural syrups whose beneficial properties have been acknowledged. Such a syrup is SUPERFOODS HERBATUSS, which helps cure both dry and productive cough.
The ingredients of the product (Althaia, Plantago and Honey) are ideal superfoods that provide cough relief. In particular:
• Althea is a traditional herbal medicinal product that is used as a dry cough sedative.
• Plantago is ideal for cough treatment, particularly sore throat.
• Honey relieves sore throat
The combination of the above mentioned ingredients effectively protects from coughing and also helps deal with it. In the case of productive cough, it promotes the elimination of mucus due to its moisturizing effect, while in the case of dry cough it protects the mucus membrane of the throat.
SUPERFOODS HERBATUSS syrup has a pleasant taste (honey - orange - vanilla) and is ideal for people who are looking for an immediate, effective and natural solution for dry or productive cough. The product is suitable for adults and children over 16 years old.
Consult your doctor if:
• Cough is accompanied by fever that remains high over 24 hours or a returning fever after it has fallen for 24 hours or more.
• Cough does not subside despite weakening and discontinuation of other symptoms.
• Cough lasts more than a week.
• Cough is accompanied by yellowish-green smelling phlegm.
• Cough starts with blood.
• You have difficulty in breathing.